To all who visit: relax, enjoy and welcome to my life:

"Life is not of getting but of giving."

Saturday, July 23, 2011

12 Steps of Recovery

In the course of this blog I will be writing on my use of the 12 steps of recovery as written in the Big Book of Alcoholic Anonymous. The steps are used in over 144 different recovery programs, and what I will be writing is only my poor attempt to use or work them in my Life.  I do not claim any great knowledge or guru status but will only report the effects of the changes that occurred in my Life from using them.  For it is working the steps and taking action on them that i was able to learn to take action on my Life and not react to what Life was throwing at me.  This is purely a self history lesson, based solely on my Life and experiences and not a what one needs to recover lesson.   Life taught me that I needed help, and help found me and this is my reflections on those lessons.  Life is a journey not to get to the destination, but to travel through.  it is the traveling that makes the journey worthwhile. More pearls of wisdom as soon as I can get the dam oyster to open it's mouth..

1 comment:

  1. I like the visual of the oyster. I used it to teach the ladies at my Bible study the other week about passing through difficult times in life. Even though I do not believe that God causes us to pass through difficult times, I believe He will make something beautiful out of the pain if we surrender to His ways. For example, forgiving those that have hurt us.
    A pearl is formed because a foreign object, like a broken shell get's stuck inside the oyster and to protect itself it secrets a liquid around the object and over time (about 3-6 years) a beautiful pearl is formed.
    I showed them a beautiful pearl necklace that I have from a ministry trip there, and told them to think of each trial they overcome like another pearl on a necklace that God is forming with their permission out of the trials in their life.

    ReplyDelete