To all who visit: relax, enjoy and welcome to my life:

"Life is not of getting but of giving."

Sunday, October 7, 2012

finish to Rite of Passage.

That really is the how and why of it. It seems Life just keeps putting in little pop quizzes and how I answer them is where I am at on its bar graph. The odd thing about it all is that I may not know about the quiz at the time of it, nor will I know if I answered correctly till some time down the road.
It is like setting up a long line of dominoes, and I never know if they are going to fall true until I put them in motion. As the chain falls, it suddenly stops, one domino is out of place, so I have to take the time to put it in place and then let the chain begin again.
That is how my Life is. The out of place domino is a quiz question I answered incorrectly, or a passage I should have turned right on but turned left instead. So I have to go back and redo it, hopefully learning from it, so that the rest of the dominoes will fall in order or in other words, my life will run smoothly.
As with Life, I seem to learn more from my mistakes than from the things I do correctly the first time. I am grateful to my God for allowing me this perception. I seem to have made many mistakes in my past and I am bound to make more in the future, but in knowing that I am not doing it on purpose, or with intent, allows me to continue to live an open life, one lacking in the fear to take a risk and see. Having this faith in my God gives me the opportunity to expand my life and thinking. To grow in life as I think is His desire for all His children.
As a father, I want my children to experience Life. I know sometimes there will be scraped knees and hurt feelings. That being the price of living, growing and loving. Hopefully I am there to sooth the pain and help them make sense of it, just as He does with me.
Funny how being a father crossed one of those milestones without my knowledge of it. That line that Life must have thought my capable of living, and the God of my understanding knew I was ready accept. 



As always thoughts and comments are welcomed..  

No comments:

Post a Comment