To all who visit: relax, enjoy and welcome to my life:

"Life is not of getting but of giving."

Sunday, July 5, 2015

The Grey Man ( fiction)

Prelude


Where do you stand?

I almost recognize the voice in my dream, asking me the question. A memory of a voice from the distant past. I knew not to answer “I stand on my feet”. The voice did not beckon a flippant reply.

Where do you stand?

I heard my voice answer. Where it came from, I don't have a clue, somewhere deep and unbeknownst to me. But it was my voice and I was answering this voice coming from within my dream.

“I stand in the gray, between the light and the dark, in the gray between the black and the white. I stand between the Angels and their brand of righteousness and the Demons and their brand of evil. I stand on the side of free will. I stand balanced on the knife edge. I stand on my own.”

Where do you stand?

I answered your question, I will not waste my time or yours in repeating the answer. Now answer mine, Where do I stand? I hear the voice chuckle as I awaken from my dream, his answer echoing in the twilight of my fading dream, “on your own, where else, on your own”.   

No comments:

Post a Comment